Thursday, April 3, 2008

Strategic Strewing


The other night I did some quick card making for some gifts I was putting together. I left them on the studio table - when Kd spotted them he said - cute! I want to make some.

So cutting up some images for him he did his own card making


This is the first time I have done making like this (other than out of a book; where the image in the book inspires Kd's making activities) - what I mean is that this is the first time I have made the final craft activity and as a result has inspired Kd to make his own.

Generally when we do making activities what happens is we talk about an idea, collect materials and get making - sometimes this can be a bit of a "cold" way to get started and inspiration happening.

I read on a home schooling blog that this technique is called strategic strewing - I am sure my crafty mother try this technique out on us kiddies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment