Friday, January 13, 2012

The Christmas that was



This year Christmas for me was saying a lot of no.  No to parties and outings and extra events, just to keep our head above the water, as it was our first Christmas without our special mother & Granny.  Also school and kinder concert, changing jobs, applying for jobs interviews and all that joyful stuff.

In so many ways I am glad this time of year is over and we are in a new year.  The kids had a fabulous time and enjoyed being spoilt and loved and cared for!


Here is me and Hj in our matching Christmas outfits - something I have been wanting to do for years - inspired by SoulMamma I am holding my handmade gift by my sister!


 (Check out Kd's knees - a result of a spectacular scooting accident at the bottom of our steep drive way!)

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh that squealing was loud! tehehe...
    I didn't realise you had matching outfits on when I first saw this picture! You and Hetty are funny :) Did you make them just for Christmas?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - just made these for Christmas - think I will transform mine into something else as a bit like a sack to wear! Although it was my first experience of sewing with linen which I loved - what a great fabric to stitch with x

    ReplyDelete