Thursday, January 3, 2008

Boat Making and Bikes



It has been stinking hot here with days over 40degrees - we have been camping out at my Mum & Dads next to their pool and under their air conditioner.

Fortunately my studio is in the cellar of our home and here Kd and I started making boats. While I was planning this activity with him I cam across another Mummy and son doing something similar - their photos of making on flickr

Sometimes getting my son focused on one activity with a end goal is tricky (unless of course we arecooking or sport is involved) and looking at another little boys boat making did the trick so off we sailed.


Then something really inspiring happened he started making people to go in the boats!

Unfortunately I didnt get the opportunity to view the boats in the water as my lap top called me to work and Kd Uncle and Aunty looked after Kd and Hj for the afternoon.

Yesterday was another day for the kids at Grandmas while I was working and Kd came home riding his bike that his uncle made for him (K also made a bike for me for Christmas too)



4 comments:

  1. how great to make boats and then people- loved the brewie drawing. Keep using those fingers KD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he clever! Yesterday he asked me while I was embroidering to make a picture of his room, with his bed and all his toys - I was wondering last night how to do this and I was thinking to make a little film with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wacko! How much has Kadel learnt over the Christmas break -how did kyle teach him to ride? that's brilliant

    He also learnt how to dive, bomb and doggy paddle!
    what a smart kid

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having fun watching KD ride his bike over and over again.
    Jala

    ReplyDelete