Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Laminton Baking

Kd made a special request, inspired by a recent Play School episode to make lamingtons.

As you know lamingtons require a spongy sort of base to put the chocolate icing and coconut on - but this caused a great feeling of terror inside of me as my oven just isn't up to this sort of cake. (my darling Cooka Cooka!)

So on the phone to my Nan, (Kd's great Nan) I learnt all about snow balls -and my mind was cast back to eating loads of those yummy things Nan made us.

Basically you use a patty pan cake recipe (thanks Mrs Abbott for her classic recipe passed onto me by Mum), and use a gem scone tray you cook up your cakes, when cooled chocolate icing and coconut roll and when this is all set you cut in a little opening for a dollup of cream! Snow Balls!

Below is a little photo essay of our afternoon's cooking yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment