Wednesday, July 22, 2009

making birthday presents


I spied this great necklace made of string, wonderful large wooden beads and ribbon at a kids store a little while back and taking on my mother's famous words "I can make that" - I took down the idea in my "little book of things to make" and collected the items for making.

I thought it would be great activity for Kd and I to do - and whip up a birthday present for Hj


She will love it sparkly and pink!

Kd came up with the great idea of the bracelet.

Making together turned out to be an excellent opportunity to talk about writing down your ideas and preparing to bring your idea to life. As Kd told me he is a forgetful kid (sounds like a term his teacher uses)- and I replied so am I and then we spent some time together looking at my ideas book that I carry around with me everywhere. Complete with jottings down of ideas and sketches.

He took his ideas on the back of an envelope today to school - he wants to make a pair of sissors out of paper using split pins - I LOVE this idea! Looking forward to see what happened today when he gets home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment