Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tree Planting



Chilly but good stuff - tree planting community day.

5,000 trees were planted. We planted 4 of those, ate 4 hamburgers and 4 sausages, tea and coffee and ample colouring in.

Tree planting was hindered on our behalf by toilet stops, iceypoles and arguments over who uses the larger shovel. I wonder if my children managed to connect with mother nature at all?

I reminisced to our family's tree planting days on the farm and remember how boring and cold they were - but I would give anything to do that again.

1 comment:

  1. I actually remember those tree planting days fondly... I know apparently i'm not the typical outdoorsy type - but i think i enjoyed going out together as a whole family and doing something productive together. Riding on the back of the ute or trailor. And probably I enjoyed the systematic way we went about planting - dad digging the holes, mum and nat planting the trees, us kiddies then coming along with the sticks and bags to place around the trees. a nice little system!
    Glad you guys got to get out as a family and enjoy a day of tree planting!

    ReplyDelete